Monday, July 7, 2014

Mind Paralysis

Mental: of or relating to the mind
Mind: the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
Paralysis: inability to act or function in a person, organization, or place

------------------------------------------------

This morning I started freaking out. My inner struggles started rearing it's ugly head this morning through my mental faculties -- my mind. 

My insecurities that pose questions like:
1) what has he or she said about me? 
2) do I look ok? 
3) what do ppl think of me? 

Then I go through the battles of:
1) I want to be successful 
2) I want more money 
3) I hate my job 

Then I go through the opposing stance of:
1) you should and must be thankful.You  could be like many others and not have a job or money 
2) you're beautiful as you are
3) if you want to change, then change... Simple as that...

Then I thought about this topic mental paralysis... I found the definition of both words and I realized that wasn't what I was seeking. Then I googled the definition of mind and I said "ok, this is it". 

Sometime we experience "mind paralysis". Mind paralysis to me is when you experience the inability or rather disability and lack of functionality in your present awareness which hinders you from thinking, feeling, and being present to the world around you. 

You are mentally paralyzed by worry, the image/your perception of the future, the negativity (both real & unreal) of your present,the past (images - real and unreal) and more. 

This paralysis is REAL. Real to the point of where you become delusional, fearful, and possibly sick (mentally and physically). 

I'm not going to lie to you about whether or not I've found the answer, solution, cure to this going and very present issue. But my faith in Christ has been helpful in dealing with this struggle... 

I do also believe that the reason there is no freedom is because there has been no true release of faith and self. 

Faith in Christ that:

1) He knows where you are
2) He knows your struggles
3) He cares
4) He can heal the paralysis so that you can be free

True release of self means:
1) recognizing that you have struggles (insecurities, plain ole issues)
2) taking ownership of them 
3) releasing them to God 
4) work with God as he works with and thru you
5) accept your healing and just "be"...free 

Honestly those are just some of my views and how I work through my struggle. 

Likewise, I do believe (I must take my own advice right now) that in order to be healed you must Go with the Flow of God, Let Go, and Let God have His way... I'm learning and beginning to understand that real freedom of self is to:
1)Release the thoughts of it all (whatever that entails, in which I believe is the root of all insecurities)
2)Be Present in your journey of healing and experience it

I've found as a result of mind paralysis you're incapable of experiencing a healthy life and reaching your potential. Mind paralysis causes you to literally miss opportunities because of its origin and what it is.

So today, I found myself in a funk and in order for me to be healed I had to shift back to reality, be present, and let God have His way in my life, not on tomorrow but at that moment when I was struck with paralysis.

You do know this can happen physically (at what no one can see) and at any moment don't you? It sure can even while walking, sitting, or talking with someone. It's real.

I can only be present and go with the Flow of God (which requires selfless obedience)... That's were stability, strength, happiness, excitement, success and all my needs (& wants) reside and exist. I'm beginning to think that the only way to experience God in His fullness and glory is to be present in the moment of your beautiful and unique life.

#BePresent
#GoWithTheFlowOfGod
#LetGoAndLetGodHaveHisWay
#EnjoyTheExperienceOfLife
#BeHealedByChrist2Day
 


No comments:

Post a Comment