Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Take your own advice... Practice what you preach

So, this blog will be about my realization today. 

I'm working on this project and it's not in a healthy state, for multiple reasons (general, mine, and others)... I would say all stemmed from lack of communication, operating reactively rather than proactively, and also the lack of training & development.

Anyway, I can't change the past but I have to deal and go through. 

With that being said, today I made a choice to see the past as it "was" and not let my current situation bring my spirit down. 

Honestly, this is me taking my own advice. I tend to drop tidbits and revelations from outside situations and not use those as my own stepping stool to get me to where I need to be.

Today, I guess as a sign of maturity, I made the simple choice to attempt to not let a situation with my project effect my day. Granted, I did call my girlfriend and give her an earful about the situation at hand. Nevertheless, after I spoke to her, I had to deal with the issue.

I usually let disappointment bring me down by me beating up myself but I attempted to be easy on me and it actually worked! Can we say #Progress?! Oh yes. 

So, essentially, taking your own advice (whatever that might be) and applying it to your life may yield the results that you need (and have been looking for all along - can we say the answer has been inside of you the whole time? Yep! It was just waiting on you to see it as it is). It works for others, why can't it work for the one who preaches it? 

Practice what you preach. It builds a testimony of faith and truth that what you say holds weight & validity; which I've learn, brings about lasting & effective change.

I was just thinking. I need to practice what I preach more often... Maybe it will bring results.. 

Just had an "Ah Ha!!" Moment!! 

Off to my next feat - victory... 

#FeelingBetterAboutLife 








No comments:

Post a Comment